Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Homemade Play Dough

The other day Rick was at school and Garrett was sleeping so Kimbri and I had some time together. I decided to try out a homemade recipe for play dough that I found online. And it actually turned out to be really good play dough! It's not hard but it's not too gooey. We separated the finish product into different clumps and added food coloring. Kimbri loves playing with it! We put it in a tupperware and keep it in the kitchen and she'll go over to where its at and want to play with it all the time now!

 It is a super easy and cheap activity that Kimbri loves! She even had fun helping dump each cup of flour and salt in the bowl. Anyway, I'm going to put the recipe on this blog so that we'll have it for future reference... and so that if anybody that reads this blog wants to try it out, they can have the recipe too.

Ingredients
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup salt
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 Tsp cream of tartar
4 cups water

Directions
In a large pot combine all ingredients and mix well.  Stir in the water and oil.  Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the dough starts to become dry and pulls away from the pot.  The dough should look more dry than wet.  Divide the dough into balls and knead.  The dough is very hot, so I just shape it into balls, then go back, knead, and add my color after it cools for a few minutes.  Add your colors and work each ball until you reach the desired color.



Kimbri's hand prints and a foot print :)



No comments:

Post a Comment