Saturday, December 2, 2017

December 2017





Brenna wanted to come my hair.
I love when the girls want to do my hair.
It feels soooo good!

Garrett at preschool.

Always crawling on dad.


Brenna and Tenlee
We got them matching outfits at Walmart on clearance
for $1.50. They are so cute!

Kimbri received an award from the bus driver for
being "Hornet of the Month" (their school mascot
is the Hornet). As part of it she got a coupon for
one "dress down" day where she could wear whatever
she wanted instead of a school uniform. So this
is the outfit she picked out. So bright and colorful
compared to the typical uniform colors. I love her bright
and cheery personality!!




Of course one of the major things that happened in December was finding out the gender of our baby! We found out on December 7 that we are adding a little BOY to our family. We are sooo excited! And Garrett is super thrilled to be getting a little brother.


We wrapped up a little boy outfit and some
green and blue cupcakes for the kids to open
and find out the gender.


We also hung up a 6th stocking... I can't believe it.
That looks like so many stockings.

Olivia's reaction when we did FaceTime
with her and showed her our "Christmas
decorations". We wanted to show her the mantle
to see if she'd figure it out with having a 6th
stocking up and all. It was so funny!

Garrett's Christmas Concert for preschool.

The place was packed! So even with zoom on my
camera the pictures were still blurry. But you can still
kind of see Garrett right next to Ms Christin on the left.


They wanted to have a campout on the weekend.
Since there was no school we decided why not?!
They love sleeping in their tents and pretty much pack
their whole room in their tent with them, haha.

Kimbri wanted me to take a picture of her hair :)


Morning snuggles. Not sure how much longer
she's gonna let me do this so I have to soak
it in while I can.

Something Brenna loves to do is sit and work
on puzzles. She's getting good at them!

Tub time!

 Brenna gets so in to building block towers/forts. And they have
gotten so elaborate lately! She did this tower allon her own!

December was a SUPER busy month for my Etsy
shop. I had to use every spare second I had working
on keeping up with orders. It was a huge financial
blessing but it kept me SO busy! I had to put to good
 use the times that both K & G were in school so Brenna
did a lot of activities in the office with me, including
watching Mickey Mouse, puzzles, blocks, books, etc...
It was good she's so chill and is so willing to sit and play
so I could get some work done. 


Garrett never leaves Rick alone, haha! The second
he wakes up he's jumping on top of daddy.

She has a Minnie Mouse obsession :)

On our way to the Fayetteville Childrens Museum.






Every once in a while the museum has their train room open.
There are a bunch of different little trains that go throughout the room.
This little mini pumpkin patch was so awesome! It's all so tiny I don't
know how they create the little cities and other set ups like this, but
it's really neat!

Rick decided one day after church to start working
on chopping down the ugly tree that had a poison
sumac problem... in his church clothes and all, ha.

I babysat for my good friend, Kelsey. Garrett was
acting so in love with Kesley's baby, Tenlee.
He kept ticking her toes and wanting to be right next
to her the whole time.



Kimbri got hoe from pajama day at school and
went straight for her bike and Garrett wanted to help
bring the recycle bin back around back.

The closer to Christmas it gets, the cheaper Christmas stuff gets.
I snagged these fun little ornament paint sets at Joanns for cheap
and the kids had sooo much fun painting them. Garrett sat still,
painting for nearly a whole hour!! Even Brenna sat for a good 30min
painting her snowman.



He was SO focused on painting his nutcracker.


Another activity was coloring these wooden elf mask things.



Breakfast by the fireplace.

We had to take our van in for them to fix the tires since we didn't
have time to the night we bought it. The kids didn't mind waiting to
much because the lady gave us popcorn and water bottles :)

Park day with Kelsey and her kids at Smith Lake Park.

These two really are such good buddies! 

Garrett has such a soft spot in his heart for his
baby sister and it's so adorable! He's always willing
to run get her sippy cup of milk from the fridge
when she asks him for it. He's so sweet to her.

Waiting for tithing settlement at church.

Garrett has a die-hard obsession with corn salsa.

Uncle Zach sent this Lightening McQueen blanket
to Garrett for Christmas.

They all love blackberries and were acting so silly while eating them.

I helped Garrett build a dinosaur using the instructions
on the box of mega blocks....

....and then he built several more mini dinosaurs all on his own!

Brenna decided she wanted to use the block bin as a bed, haha.


One morning I had to get out and get some errands done. I thought
I'd be a fun mom and surprise them with breakfast at Chick-fil-a and
let them play on the play place. Well, apparently we got a much later
start than I had thought. That or errands just took longer than I realized.
So anyway, we show up just after 11am and I start ordering stuff from
the breakfast menu and the lady was like, "Um, we stopped serving breakfast
at 10:30am". The kids were so sad and I felt way bad. So we ordered a
large fry and milkshake instead, ha! Not a very healthy breakfast but
they were super happy about it :) 

We had combined church with the other ward
for the last couple Sundays in December since
so many people go out of town. Kimbri was
organizing all her stuff (including her shoes, haha)
on her chair and I had to sneak a pic.


This is what happens when you ask your kids
to go hang up there coats and jackets....

No comments:

Post a Comment