Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February 2018

Kimbri got to dress up as a 100 year old for the 100th Day of School.  I wasn't sure how to dress her up as an old lady... but we ended up with a pink sweater and I tied a black scarf around her as some sort of shawl. Old ladies wear shawls, right? Haha. We attempted to draw some wrinkles on her forehead, next to her eyes and around her mouth. She seemed happy with it! And she didn't have to wear a uniform that day so that's always fun for her when she gets to "dress down"





Valentines Day "heart hair". 

Garrett wanted to handwrite every single
one of his classmates names on their Valentines.
He was so proud of them all :)

She was SO happy and in love with the
Valentines balloons we picked up at the $1 store.

I know I've written about how easy-going Brenna is. But I have to document this quick little story. We are at the Dollar store picking up a few supplies and some Valentines Day balloons. Brenna became intrigued by the bin of bath towel/rag things that are compacted into a small shape, if that makes any sense. You put the shaped washcloth/rag, or whatever it is, into bowl of warm water and it starts to loosen up until it's a washcloth. Anyway.... Brenna found a Minnie Mouse one as she was looking thought the bin while I was figuring out what I needed in one aisle. She walks a few steps over to me and in the sweetest little voice asks, "Can I get this, mama?" I say, "Not today. Please put it back in the bin." And she turns right around and starts walking to the bin and says, "Ok, mama." That's when my mama heart just gave in. She was so obedient and sweet about it that I thought, why not?! And I bought her a $1 Minnie Mouse washcloth. 

Also, she always calls me "mama" instead of "mommy" and it's so adorable to me. Everything is, "okay mama" or "thank you mama" or "can I do this, mama". I think it's the cutest thing.

We got home and she had fun watching her
heart-shaped cloth unfold.


For Valentines Dinner I made lasagna and we had french bread and asparagus with it. We gave the kids each a small box of chocolates, some Valentines PEZ candies and they each got a balloon. They were thrilled as I don't think they were expecting anything at all, at least the older two. Brenna was with me when I bought the balloons but she's too young to really get it anyway.



We were glad that Rick could be there for Valentines dinner!


Brenna wanted braids "like Kimbri". Just a little
sis wanting to be like her big sis. :)

Garrett & Brenna feeling the baby move

Brenna and Grey at Smith Lake Park -
play date with the Jones'

Some nights I send the kids to bed early and
say that they can read books if they want or they
can just go to sleep. This night Garrett snuggled
in with Kimbri and they read together. So cute!

Kimbri wanted to dress in some "fancy" clothes
and picked out her hairstyle and matching bow.
We were taking the kids out to eat and she wanted
to get all dressed up for the occasion ;)

And she of course wanted her picture taken,
like always. I love that she's photogenic.

I think their favorite part of Texas Roadhouse is the rolls
with cinnamon butter. And it took sooo long to get our food
that they all ended up eating so many rolls since they are endless!

Brenna and I with my big pregnant belly!

These two cuties waiting for Kimbri to get home
off the bus. 


They really are such great little buddies!
Eating popsicles out on the little tramp.

One evening Kimbri's school had a fundraiser and hosted a little carnival with games and food. You could purchase little tickets that you could redeem to play games and order food with. We gave the kids each some of their own tickets and they got to order what food they wanted. They had a blast and thought the whole idea was so awesome! I mean, what kid doesn't love to feel like they are ordering and "paying" for their own food?! Plus, each meal came with a free ice cream cone, so that was definitely a big hit! It was a really fun family outing! The kids got to do some really fun games and they each got their face painted. It was such a great evening and we were so glad daddy was able to come with us! 




Kimbri getting "Hello Kitty" painted on her face.

Garrett of course chose Batman



And Brenna wanted a bee.

I thought the sun and clouds looked super cool


Playing dress up.

Aunt Cosette made all the kids their own shield.
Garrett is totally in love with his!

Aunt Cosette & Garrett. He likes to do funny
filters with Snapchat on her phone and send them
to Uncle Mitch. 


I was actually super impressed with how detailed Brenna got
with making her own castle. I had to get some Etsy work done
and she just played on the floor with blocks for a loooong time!

The aftermath of an Oreo...

Garrett made "armor" with the homemade
play doh that we whipped up.

No comments:

Post a Comment