Saturday, April 21, 2018

Truck Touch


Garrett's preschool held a fundraiser event this last Saturday. I originally wasn't planning on going because of how pregnant I am. I just wasn't sure if I would be able to keep up with all the activities the kids would want to run around and do. Once we found out Rick's schedule and that he miraculously had Saturday off, we decided to go ahead and buy tickets! I'm glad we did, because the kids had the time of their lives. We spent 3 hours at the event! 

It is called the "Truck Tough" fundraiser because they get all sorts of different vehicles from the community to come and park their cool vehicles in the parking lot of the church and allow the kids to climb in, on and/or through them. For example, there was a post office vehicle, a tow truck that had its ramp down for all the kids to run up and down it, a fire truck, an ambulance, a school bus, a bomb squad vehicle, four-wheelers, a race car and several others. The kids thought it was so neat! 

Around the corner from the parking lot were bounce houses, pony rides, a face-painting station, a train ride, a center for making a truck out of clay and painting it, a photo booth and all sorts of food stands that you could purchase food from to help with the fundraiser. I think the pony rides were a huge hit because the line was insane. But Rick stood in line with the kids in the direct sunlight while I went and stood under some trees in the shade. After being out in the sun and heat for 2+ hours I was starting to feel a bit lightheaded and needed to stay cool. Anyway, they loved everything about the event.

At the end we let the kids pick out something to eat for lunch. The girls each wanted a hotdog with veggie straws and Garrett just wanted a bag of Chex, haha. He is such a picky eater... Rick and I had a date planned for when we got home so we didn't want to eat anything then. Cosette had offered to babysit so we could go on a date before Rick would have to start a stinky schedule doing night shifts for 2 weeks. I think the even was a huge success and it was a fun day that we got to spend together as a family.















I cannot believe Brenna went down the 24ft tall
bounce house slide by herself! She was fearless!













They also really enjoyed doing the obstacle course!







Garrett thought this truck was so cool since it had his name on it.








No comments:

Post a Comment