Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Salem Days

This past Saturday was really fun! Minus some really sore feet afterward :) But really, we had a blast! Rick had to work at the MTC that morning so after he got home we finished getting ready and headed down South. We made a quick stop in Payson and then headed back to Spanish Fork for the first part of the afternoon. My dad and some of my brothers were swimming in the backyard and Kimbri desperately wanted to be part of the action so my dad offered to hold her and let her play in the pool with him since I didn't have my swimsuit with me. I should've snapped some photos of Kimbri in the pool with my dad! I thought they looked quite a lot alike. Kimbri was sporting just a diaper since it was a kind of a spur-of-the-moment activity and my dad was sporting his swim trunks. Both of them have not so much hair, dark eyelashes and eyebrows, and both have the same round type of head. It was especially in that moment that they looked so much alike to me. While they swam, my mom, Rick and I sat under the grape arbor and snacked on some fresh grapes from the vine in the shade! Yum! 

After a while we went to Salem to meet up with some of Rick's family for some of the Salem Days activities. The plan was to walk there and then walk back. That didn't sound so bad. But this is what ended up happening...and it still wasn't too bad but I had some serious foot aches after that. We walked down to the Salem City Center - I think that's what it's called- for the dinner that raises money for the Salem City Ambulance. It sure was incredibly delicious! And Kimbri sure enjoyed it too!! She was too cute to not snap some pictures of her enjoying her meal full of corn, potatoes, beef, and part of a roll. Of course I gave her a few bites of my dessert too...peanut butter bars! I love those things.




After the dinner is when more walking came into place. Everyone had decided to meet up at Rick's grandparents house. So we walked there to wait for the fireworks to starts. Really it wasn't too far but it involved a pretty decent hill and I was in flip flops. Thank goodness Rick pushed the stroller up the hill, a full on run. I don't know how he did it! It was really fun to visit with family and hang out until heading back for fireworks. They had more dessert there - ice cream cones. 

Kimbri started to get pretty tired because her nap schedule was way off since we were all over the place that day! We fed her some milk in her sippy cup. Rick put her burp cloth on her face and she didn't seem to mind. She just left it there for quite a while. She was just getting so sleepy.


Then Kimbri and her Aunt Cosette decided to lay down on the floor and rest. As you can see, Kimbri has gotten only a tiny bit more hair...haha:) She's working on it! She'll get there someday.


After everyone ate ice cream we all started to walk back down to Salem Pond where the fireworks were being done. It was a fantastic firework show!! Kimbri fell asleep on the walk there and when those fireworks started I thought for sure she would wake up but she was just so tired she didn't even flinch! We sat on the edge of some grass and the sidewalk in some extra chairs the some of Rick's extended family had and enjoyed the show! You would know that part way through the sprinklers would go off and we were sitting right in the line of the water! We quickly moved to the street and sat there for the rest of the firework show:) 






It was so fun to get to spend the whole afternoon and evening together as a family. All of it was great!



No comments:

Post a Comment