Thanksgiving was so great this year! We originally had planned on going to Louisiana but ended up not being able to go. Mostly due to the pregnancy. I kept getting so worried and having nightmares that I would have the baby on the road or while we were gone. Plus, a 24 hour drive would not be very comfortable this far along in my pregnancy.
But it turned out great! We had Thanksgiving with the Stone's. Just Rick's immediate family members. And it was a blast. It was extra special because this is the last year in who knows how long that all of their family members will be around for Thanksgiving. Next year Rick and I will most likely be living out of state and Cosette is due to leave on her mission in February. And Levi will probably be leaving on his mission too, before this time next year. So it was fun to all be together!
Rick, Kimbri and I woke up early on Thanksgiving day and headed down to Spanish Fork to finish making the banana cream pies. Then I made the rolls and got them all rolled out to start rising. While they were rising I whipped up the green bean casserole and then Rick, Kimbri and I all went to the park! There was not a single other person there besides us. And Kimbri had a blast playing on the playground and swinging.
After a little while at the park we headed back to my parents house to cook the rolls that had been rising and then made our way over to the Stone's. A huge thank you to my parents for letting me use there kitchen and oven while they were gone! :)
We had a great Thanksgiving dinner together and spent the afternoon with family, watching The Incredibles, and playing Ticket to Ride. It was so fun and relaxing! And for some reason Kimbri decided to got to sleep at around 4:30pm and slept the whole night. So we had fun playing games and hanging out with everyone!
Happy Thanksgiving!
But it turned out great! We had Thanksgiving with the Stone's. Just Rick's immediate family members. And it was a blast. It was extra special because this is the last year in who knows how long that all of their family members will be around for Thanksgiving. Next year Rick and I will most likely be living out of state and Cosette is due to leave on her mission in February. And Levi will probably be leaving on his mission too, before this time next year. So it was fun to all be together!
Rick, Kimbri and I woke up early on Thanksgiving day and headed down to Spanish Fork to finish making the banana cream pies. Then I made the rolls and got them all rolled out to start rising. While they were rising I whipped up the green bean casserole and then Rick, Kimbri and I all went to the park! There was not a single other person there besides us. And Kimbri had a blast playing on the playground and swinging.
After a little while at the park we headed back to my parents house to cook the rolls that had been rising and then made our way over to the Stone's. A huge thank you to my parents for letting me use there kitchen and oven while they were gone! :)
We had a great Thanksgiving dinner together and spent the afternoon with family, watching The Incredibles, and playing Ticket to Ride. It was so fun and relaxing! And for some reason Kimbri decided to got to sleep at around 4:30pm and slept the whole night. So we had fun playing games and hanging out with everyone!
Happy Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment