Wow. It was a very busy morning. Or I could probably better say a very busy last few days! My mom has been "fall cleaning" and was in the de-junking mode so it got me into the whole idea too. She brought me all my old bins and tubs that have been sitting up in the attic storage area with all my old stuff in it. She also brought tons of boxes of things that she no longer wanted and was just going to give to DI. She said that if we wanted to do a yard sale with all of it we could. So we did. I went through all my old bins and all of the boxes of boy clothes that my mom gave us throughout the past week and made two huge piles of 'yard sale stuff'. We finally got most all of it out of our house this morning.
We got up 6:45 am. I don't remember the last time I got up that early. I usually sleep as long as Kimbri lets me. Olivia spent the night and brought stuff that she wanted to get rid of too. So we all got up and finished making signs to put up. Then we started taking everything from inside out to our front lawn and setting up.
It was a long process and it seemed that people came in waves. One moment there would be a handful of people there and then there would be a long pause with nobody. But it was fun to chat and just hang out. Jessica came over and brought a few things to add to the yard sale too. And she brought her cute little dog that she just got on Tuesday!
All along there were workers in our driveway digging up piles and piles of dirt to fix a water line leak. Ugh. I'm very grateful that problem has now been fixed! I bet our water bill is going to be through the roof this month because it's taken so long for our landlords to get it fixed. Oh well. What can ya do?
I also decided to make cookies while we were just sitting around, in between people coming and going.
Overall, it was a pretty okay turn out. I told myself that if we made at least a tank of gas worth of money that it would be worth it. And I think we made it. After a while of nobody coming we loaded most everything up that didn't sell into Jessica's truck and she hauled it to DI for us. A huge thank you to her!
What a day. Our water is finally back on so now I guess I should go do dishes or something. Or probably clean our house. It looks like a tornado came rolling through it just from getting ready for the sale and having boxes piled here and there, etc... Oh, but I hear Kimbri waking up from her nap. So I'll go snuggle with her instead :)
No comments:
Post a Comment