Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Rick's Birthday Cake

Since Rick was gone to the convention in Philadelphia on his birthday we did a little celebrating before he left and some when he got back. 

On the Sunday before he left I made him a "birthday meal". He requested honey-lime enchiladas. And I made the same cake he requests every year on his birthday - Better Than Anything cake. I totally forgot to by 25 candles so he only had to blow out 4... with the help of Kimbri of course :)


I wasn't super prepared for his birthday this year. There just wasn't anything I could think of to get him that I knew he would really want. So I got him a watch (he mentioned that as an idea so I wasn't very creative), and then we went together to have him pick our some sunglasses. We both somehow lost our sunglasses since moving to AZ and now that the Arizona summer sun is getting hotter and hotter I thought that might be a fun idea for a gift but I wanted him to pick it out. I also printed off our engagement and wedding pictures (finally) and put them all in a book for him (really us, I guess), so even though it's really fun to have it wasn't super creative. 

But, we are getting a car since Rick will be traveling a lot during year 2 of medical school so that is kind of a huge deal and can count as an awesome birthday gift, right?!

Happy 25th Birthday, Rick! 
You are so old ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment