Since I'm still in the middle of trying to catch up with our family blog, here is another photo dump post of all our miscellaneous pictures from the month of January.
Right after getting back from Utah and getting over the runny noses and colds we got while there, Garrett came down with a diagnosis called lymphadenitis. I put him down for a nap and he seemed completely normal but when he woke up he acted super snuggly and seemed really lethargic. That's not totally unnatural for right after waking up from nap time so I just sat on the couch and started to read books with him when all the sudden I saw this big lump on the side of his throat! It totally freaked me out and I immediately called the doctors office. After going in for an appointment we found out that I guess sometimes an infection will get stuck in the lymph nodes and therefore makes it swell around the area where the infection is. After being on an antibiotic for a few days, the lump went down, thank goodness! It was such a scary, weird thing to see on the side of his neck!
Then right after finishing his antibiotic for the lymphadenitis, he came down with a nasty cough so we were back at the doctors office, with him being diagnosed with bronchitis. Poor guy! It was no fun for him. We had to do lots of breathing treatments and we had a lot of snuggle time while watching lots of movies! Especially since I came down with an ear infection and Rick came down with strep throat all while we were trying to take care of a sick little boy. Kimbri must have a fantastic immune system because she plowed right through and didn't get any sicknesses from us!
![]() |
| Letting him watch a movie helped him be distracted while we did the breathing treatment. |
Being sick for so long made him so exhausted so we had a lot of "rest time" and movie time. It was good for me to be able to rest and get some cat naps in, too, since I was early on in my pregnancy which made me feel exhausted too!
![]() |
| He fell asleep right in of his books, snacks, and toys. He must've been so tired! |
Garrett loves eating food off his fingers. In this case it's strawberries but he also loves eating raspberries and olives off his fingers too. Haha :)
![]() |
| Date night and we had the theater to ourselves! |
![]() |
| Rick has really enjoyed using his hot chocolate machine he got from my parents. |
We ended up using the money my parents gave us for Christmas to by a carpet cleaner. I know it's weird but I love it!!! It's funny the things that make you excited when you become a mom. I love how easy it is and how clean it makes our carpets! Here is a picture of our freshly clean carpet!
I love that we can go to the park all winter long! The winter weather in AZ is fantastic!
I love these two kids of mine. They have become great buddies! They definitely have there run-ins but it is so great that they are both getting a little older and can play so good with each other!
In January, just after Garrett's birthday, we switched him to a toddler bed so he would have several months to get used to sleeping in his "big boy bed" before the baby comes. He loved it! And with the same transition we took away his binky and said if he wanted to sleep in his big boy bed then he couldn't have a binky... so from that first night in the toddler bed and on, he never had a binky again.
We put the toddler bed in Kimbri's room and rearranged things so that they could both fit all their stuff in one room. It was a tight squeeze but we were able to fit a little drawer/dresser thing for Garrett into the closet and Kimbri kept all her clothes in the black dresser I got from my aunt Margaret which has been perfect!
![]() |
| I checked on him during his first night in his bed and this is how I found him! |
![]() |
| Diaper storage under the toddler bed! |
![]() |
| Hopefully we won't need diapers for too much longer... he has gone #2 on the toilet a few times now! |
![]() |
| Kimbri using my baby carrier for her baby dolls :) |
![]() |
| She loves building "the biggest tower in the whole world" and then she asks me to take pictures. Haha! |
In this picture, we were at Savers and we were looking through the toy section. All the sudden Kimbri took a little drum under the clothing rack and started "playing" it and singing at the top of her lungs, "I am a Child of God". It was so funny!
Rick surprised me with a deep freezer! He sold some old books and things on eBay and had a little money saved up to surprise me with it! I was seriously SO shocked and excited. I'm gonna try to be extra prepared with freezer meals when this baby comes!













































No comments:
Post a Comment