I can't believe how fast Garrett is growing up! He is such a sweet little boy and seriously melts my heart with his brown eyes and handsome little grin. I'm so happy to have this adorable little boy in my life!
Garrett will be 2.5 next week so I wanted to write down some things that he does or has accomplished lately:
- Potty training. Yes, he is potty trained! And it was the easiest thing ever! He was the one who initiated the whole thing. For a while he had been telling me that he went pee or poo in his diaper right after the fact and wanted his diaper changed asap. So I wondered if he was getting close to potty training since he was obviously recognizing when he went. And I guess that was a pretty good indicator because not long after is when he decided one day to sit on the toilet and he went! It has been SO nice to have him potty trained! I still put a diaper on him when he sleeps but other than that he is trained! Yay!!!
- He also can count to 12. We have several books that involve numbers and counting so each time we read those, he gets a good practice in with counting. After getting to number 12, though, he says "ooo teen, ooo teen, ooo teen" over and over again. Haha. One of these days we'll have to work on that...
- Garrett can sing his ABC's! He can't identify very many letters but he can sure belt out the song!
- Garrett is so sweet when it comes to helping me. For example, whenever I'm in the laundry room, changing a load, he will run in there and say, "Can I help you?". Or like today, I was wiping down the pantry door and he came and helped me. He is always so sweet to offer his help :) I hope that continues into his teenage years! Ha ha!
- Some things that he loves lately are banana berry smoothies, anything to do with the water/pool, sharks and trucks, reading books, wearing his blanket on his head and pretending to be a pirate, and going to the children's museum, just to name a few.
- He is about 36 inches tall and weighs 31 pounds.
I love you Garrett!
As you can see, he loves anything to do with FOOD! Haha! Another funny thing is that he loves to wear mine and Rick's shoes around the house. I left some of my church shoes out once and got to them and thought it was hilarious that he was wearing mommy's high heels. Bahaha!
![]() |
| He was SOOO tired in this picture but wanted to finish every last drop of his smoothie before bed! |
![]() |
| Helping me make Tuxedo Brownies and eating the Cool Whip. |
![]() |
| Shoving the chocolate cake in his mouth at the YW fundraiser dinner. |
![]() |
| Garrett loves helping me in the kitchen! |
As you can see, he loves anything to do with FOOD! Haha! Another funny thing is that he loves to wear mine and Rick's shoes around the house. I left some of my church shoes out once and got to them and thought it was hilarious that he was wearing mommy's high heels. Bahaha!












No comments:
Post a Comment