This week was so busy! Last weekend Rick and I went to North Carolina (which I'll talk more about in a different post) and we didn't get back till really, really late on Sunday night. Then the next morning Kimbri had morning kindergarten instead of afternoon because it was a half day for the whole school. I forgot until 8:40am when Kimbri woke up for the day. She came down and gave me a hug and I suddenly realized that we needed to get her dressed and ready for school and drive her there all in 20 minutes! It was crazy but we made it just in time.
The next day I was a parent helper in Kimbri's class in the afternoon and my friend, Tiffany Hancock, babysat Garrett and Brenna for me. We have been doing trade-offs so we can each volunteer once a month as a parent helper. It is fun to help out in the classroom and see a little part of Kimbri's life at school.
Wednesday I tried to play catch up and start laundry, get grocery shopping done and clean up the house. Then Thursday we continued laundry, went to play group at the church and got the rest of the house picked up for Rick to come home on Friday! Somewhere in those few days I got 3 Etsy orders finished and mailed off. It's nice to be able to get the kids down at night and work on orders while they are sleeping.
On Friday we had a picnic outside because the weather was SO AWESOME!! I have been waiting for nice weather for soooo long. It seems that every time it seemed like it was going to warm up, it would for a day or two and then dump snow again. It was so sad and the kids kept telling me how much they didn't like the snow anymore and wanted it to be Spring. I was feeling the same way!
After our picnic we got Kimbri to school and came how to let Brenna have her nap. When she woke up we went to school to pick Kimbri up about 15 minutes early so we could head up to the Provo airport and pick up Rick. Everything was going so smoothly until I locked the keys in the car. Yep. So that happened. But I walked in and saw the principal, Sara Matis (I used to babysit her kids when I was a teenager) and she said they would just call Mapleton City Police to come and unlock it for me. I was so grateful! They came and popped it open so fast and easy and I was really so happy that they were willing to do it for free for us. The kids played in the front office, reading books in the little reading corner they have while I walked out to show the officer where our car was parked. So it set us back a little bit but no matter, it all worked out!
We picked Rick up and headed over to the Bean Museum on BYU campus and walked around to see all the animals. The kids loved it so much. We definitely should go a couple more times before we leave for North Carolina. It's a fun free activity!
Then we headed back towards home and made a pit stop at Sam's Club to pick up stuff for Rick's birthday dinner on Saturday. Then we stopped at Teryaki Grill for Rick to pick up his free birthday meal and then I got a salad and sandwich at Zupas. Yum! We went home and all ate dinner and then went out for Rick's birthday ice cream at Cold Stone. I think the kids had fun picking out ice cream :)
After all that fun, the kids we wanted to have a sleepover party downstairs so we pulled the mattresses into the living room and watched a movie together. We put Brenna down to bed since it was already so late, but I was surprised at how late Kimbri and Garrett were able to stay awake!
Saturday we woke up and Rick hung out with the kids at home while I ran to the store for a few more things I needed for Rick's birthday party. He requested Hawaiian Haystacks and Texas sheet cake with Moose Tracks ice cream and Tillamook Mudslide ice cream. Sundee & Mike came with Cosette, Nicole, Megan and Cody and then my mom and dad were of course there since they hosted, with Zach, Olivia, and Enoch. Dawson dropped by with Oaklee, Luke and Ava and Nolan & Brooke came with Hadley. It was a really fun time, hanging out with family and getting to spend time with them before we move! The kids all ran around in the backyard in the awesome weather and Zach set up a bounce house he bought last year and it sure was a hit with all the little kids running around. It was so fun. And Rick is about to be 28, on March 13!!! We celebrated early since he was in town for just the weekend from his ICU rotation in Arizona. It was great to have him home for a couple days.
That night we put the kids to bed and watched a movie and ate the rest of our ice cream from the day before. The next morning Rick got up with the kids and let me sleep in, which I can't remember the time I slept in! It was so amazing!! Since he has been in AZ for 6 weeks so far I've felt like a single parent for so long and it was so nice to have a little break, getting to sleep in :) Then when I woke up we got the kids through the bath and ready for church. We went to sacrament and then loaded up and headed back to the airport to drop of Rick. It was a short trip but so great. 2 more weeks and he gets to come home for good! Yay!!!
| I love these kinds of shopping carts! And the kids in it :) |
| I let Garrett pick a cereal and he didn't want to let out of his sight, haha. |
| We watched a movie together for FHE and the girls were snuggling together. |
| This was the aftermath of movie night... yikes! Popcorn everywhere. |
| She wanted her picture taken and asked me to send it to daddy. |
| Our picnic. |
| Walking to the bus stop to get Kimbri. |
The next few pictures were at the Bean Museum. It was definitely a hit and we'll have to go back again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment