Thursday, March 23, 2017

We Are Almost There....

So my last post was about how Rick got to make a trip back home for the weekend, and it was so great! And then as soon as we took him back to the airport for the last 2 weeks in AZ, everything here in UT seemed to fall apart. 

For one, I could barely walk because of silly plantar wart on the bottom of my foot. I've had it for well over 10 years and it has never bothered me until recently. Every so often it will become sore when I go jogging and I thought I might as well get it taken care of before we move. So they put some medicine on it to make the skin around it bubble up but apparently I had a bad reaction to the medicine and it made it REALLY bubble up and my whole foot was so swollen and was in so much pain. It would have been better to just leave it be... ugh!

Anyway, so once we got back from the airport. I got Brenna out of the car and tried to get her to walk because I could barely walk myself, let alone carry the diaper bag and her. She did NOT want to walk and started to though a little bit of a tantrum, which she rarely does, and lay down on the elevator floor and was crying. Poor girl. 

I soon found out the next morning why, I'm assuming, she had been so sad and emotional... she was sick and had some kind of tummy bug! She threw up on the couch and in the family room. And she slept a ton. I must have jinxed us because I had just been talking with Rick over that weekend how we had been pretty lucky this winter season of not getting sick much. Yeah, I totally jinxed us.


After that Monday, Brenna seems to be fine and I thought the other kids would probably start barfing but after a few days went by without them getting sick, I thought we were in the clear! They were acting happy and the weather was nice so we played outside a lot!



Brenna & Kimbri eating frozen gogurt.

The cushions were still off from cleaning them.

Kimbri's leprechaun she made at school :)


He literally fell asleep at the dinner table. I guess they had too
much fun playing outside for so long that he just got worn out!



So like I said, I thought we were in the clear for the other two not getting sick. Well, Saturday night my sister-in-law, Nicole, was babysitting so I could go to the Miss Spanish Fork pageant with my mom and sister and some of their friends. We were on our way home when Nicole called and said that Kimbri had thrown up all over the stairs. Yeah... so that happened. 

I got home a few minutes after and we needed to take Nicole home, to Salem, which is about a 30-35 minute round trip. Kimbri threw up once on the way there and twice on the way back. Luckily we took a big bowl just in case, which I'm so glad we did so I didn't have to clean up barf in the car too.
We got home and I cleaned the carpet on the stairs and this is how I found the kids when I got done, around 10pm.

Kimbri in their "box fort"

Garrett on the couch.

They both just slept on the couch that night. Kimbri woke up feeling much better but we obviously had to stay home from church. Then on Monday night Garrett puked all over the couch. So I had to clean the couch cushions, again. Can I just stop and say how much I love having a carpet cleaner that has an upholstery attachment?! It makes cleaning up barf one thousand times better. Anyway, so this past week, we've spent a lot of time on the couch, sleeping, and watching movies, because who feels like doing anything when everyone is sick?! Also, I spent the evenings, after the kids were in bed, just binge-watching a show myself (Heartland) because I was so sick and tired of cleaning up puke and doing laundry to get all the throw up out of their blankets and clothes. So yeah, it was a super lax week because of all the sickness. 




I even let the kids have cereal one night because I didn't feel
like cooking. They thought I was the best mom ever, haha!

We also had to find time to work on Kimbri's Kindy 500 Car. They are going to be "driving" around the school in their cars to learn about different parts of the United States. She wanted a pink car so we went to the store and got pink paint and brushes. She has done a great job working so hard on her car! Here are a few pictures of the car in progress. I'll have to take some more pictures on the actual day of the Kind 500 since parents are invited to come and watch the parade :)


Painting the headlights.

We used our old Arizona license plate for it.

This morning was really green and pretty
 after it had rained during the night. 


Anyway, my post title is "We Are Almost There...." and that is because we have almost made it nearly 8 weeks of Rick being on rotations in Arizona. He took his last test and is driving home tonight! We have almost made it through a really difficult time of him having to be away for so long. We have almost made it to the end of medical school. We have almost made it to a lot of things! And we are sooooo excited for all the fun and exciting new adventures we will be having soon. I love our crazy life!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for making it!!!!!!!! And almost making it to other things!!! You're amazing. And I feel like your kids are way older looking in this post than the past ones. Weird. I'm so excited for you starting your next adventure in life!

    ReplyDelete