August has been a fun month! And now that we are at the end, Kimbri is starting school. I can't believe it! This school year is going to be weird having Kimbri gone all day long. I'm excited for her though. She is going to love making some new friends here in NC. She is really excited about riding the bus, again (she loved that last year), and she can't believe that she actually gets to eat lunch at school. Kimbri thinks that's pretty awesome. I love her so much and can't wait to hear all about her new experiences at school!
Also, I didn't realize till just a few weeks before school started that the public school we are zoned for requires uniforms. I wasn't too sure about it but was trying to be upbeat and excited for Kimbri's sake. The one thing that stinks about it is that I already had bought a bunch of school clothes on clearance last year for this year, and now none of them are "allowed". I guess she'll have clothes for the weekends and holidays! And really, she looks pretty dang cute in her little uniform outfits :)
Another thing... school starts at 7:50!!!! She gets on the bust at 7:17. I feel like this is so early for these young kids! I was expecting school to start around 9. But oh well! I guess we will be getting our body clocks switched to going to bed earlier so we can wake up earlier!
It's going to be a great year for Kimbri, I just know it! Rick gave her a blessing before school started. At first she wasn't too sure and didn't really want one but let Rick do it anyway. Afterward, she couldn't stop talking about her blessing and kept asking for another one. I think she really felt good about it and felt the spirit through it. I'm so grateful for the power of blessings in our lives.
Also, I didn't realize till just a few weeks before school started that the public school we are zoned for requires uniforms. I wasn't too sure about it but was trying to be upbeat and excited for Kimbri's sake. The one thing that stinks about it is that I already had bought a bunch of school clothes on clearance last year for this year, and now none of them are "allowed". I guess she'll have clothes for the weekends and holidays! And really, she looks pretty dang cute in her little uniform outfits :)
Another thing... school starts at 7:50!!!! She gets on the bust at 7:17. I feel like this is so early for these young kids! I was expecting school to start around 9. But oh well! I guess we will be getting our body clocks switched to going to bed earlier so we can wake up earlier!
It's going to be a great year for Kimbri, I just know it! Rick gave her a blessing before school started. At first she wasn't too sure and didn't really want one but let Rick do it anyway. Afterward, she couldn't stop talking about her blessing and kept asking for another one. I think she really felt good about it and felt the spirit through it. I'm so grateful for the power of blessings in our lives.
| Kimbri's class list! She has Mrs. Espinal. |
| School supplies list for 1st grade. |
| Selfies that Kimbri took while I was doing her hair. |
| Getting her hair done for the 1st day! I love when she lets me do her hair. |
| Look how loaded that backpack is!! So many school supplies!!!! |
| The sunrise on the first day of school! |
| She specifically wanted a picture on the piano bench and asked me to send it to dad. |
No comments:
Post a Comment