Sunday, September 17, 2017

September 2017 ~ Part 1

 Here are our random pictures form the first half of September! I am finally caught up from our crazy summer and I don't want to wait until the end of the month to sort though pictures, so I'm doing it now! 

So Kimbri's 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Espinal, puts pictures on an app call Class Dojo that only parents of the students can see. I love it! Because I get to see pictures of Kimbri from school every once in a while. This picture is from her all about me bag where she got to pick 3 things to take to school and show her class. She took her light up wand she got from her Toys R Us bday gift certificate, a book, and a little toy animal she bought with her own money. 

Also, I can't believe how old and grown up she looks siting in front of her class in her cute little uniform!! And one more thing, just a couple days ago we were siting on the front porch waiting for the bus (the other kids were still asleep) and I noticed her tooth looked a little crooked, like it was bent forward a little. I asked her to open her mouth so I could check her tooth and IT WAS LOOSE!! My little Kimbri has a loose tooth. How is that even possible?? You could tell by her reaction how excited she felt and it made her feel like a grown up girl to have a loose tooth :) She was so happy!



One morning I found these two like this. Kimbri had lifted Brenna out of her crib and sat her on the bed and was reading her a book. I love they sisterly bond :) 


Having some water play while Kimbri is at school.



Brenna loooooves to color. And I'm not
exaggerating. She LOVE it!

Garrett making a cereal necklace. This kept him
entertained for so long because he was determined
to fill up the entire string with Cheerios.

Kimbri made a bead necklace but then
wanted to make a Cherrio one too.

Rick brought home flowers for me the day before
our anniversary since he was scheduled to work
late on the actual day of our anniversary. Kimbri
took them from me as soon as he gave them to me
and wanted her picture with them, HA! Silly girl.


New outfit my mom sent for Brenn'as birthday
(along with coloring books and markers).


Garrett drew this picture. He said it was of me and him and the
hearts mean we love each other a lot. I am on the right and all
those dots on my face, he said, are my freckles, hahaha :)

Brenna in a dress I wore when I was little.


Then Garrett wanted his picture taken too, and
Brenna wanted her sippy cup...

Kimbri set up a little camp in the corner of our room.

My friend Kelsey and I went to Linden Park with the kids and
let them play while we walked on the path around the playground.
It was so beautiful! The cotton fields were so pretty and starting to
produce balls of cotton!

I was making crepes one night fro dinner and I
gave one to Garrett and he stuffed the WHOLE
THING in his mouth and asked for another one.
Bahahaha! I guess he didn't want to wait...

This sweet girl is going to do amazing things! I love
her so much and it's crazy to me that she is in 1st
grade. She loves asking me to take her picture
before school.

Kind of a gory pic... but Garrett was playing on
the back patio, bent down to pick up a ball, and
hit the corner of his eye on the metal patio chair.
It was so sad! I asked him what would make him
feel better and he said, "Watching the baby Jesus
movie". So I put on the church movie we have
of Mary and Joseph with baby Jesus, and he was
as happy as can be after that!

She polished off her broccoli cheese soup!
This girl loves that stuff!


Kimbri wanted wavy hair for school one morning.

Garrett asked me to take a picture of him making
a silly face... and this is what he did, haha.

Her first trip to the library at school. She read
this book like a champ!

On our walk one morning. It was super humid and
cloudy but it made for a really pretty view!

So, Hurricane Irma.... as it got closer to the US, we kept watching which way it was going to go. One morning I woke up and went to Sam's Club with my friend Kelsey. The day before the projected path had been to hit right into Florida. I didn't check the update that morning and when we were at Sam's Club, people were piling cases and cases of water into their carts. Some even had those big flatbed-looking carts, filling them up with water! We were like, woah, people are being serious about the hurricane prep.  So I grabbed one case just because...

Then I got home and checked the updates and most of the spaghetti projections had it headed toward the Carolinas!! I was like, ooooohhhhhhh, THAT is why everyone was going into panic mode! And then I was like, crud, I should've got more water while I was at Sam's. Then I checked our neighborhood FB group and people were saying that Walmart was out of water and the local grocery store had upped their prices to $9 per case!! Oh man. So then I had a brilliant idea to check the dollar store and they had a TON of water left. So I bought 12 gallons. My friend posted a picture of her trip to Walmart and there was one, ONE loaf of bread left on the shelves. Isn't that so crazy?! So then, I was like, hmmmm, guess I should make some rolls, just in case.

Anyway, it was weird to experience such a frenzy and everyone was in panic mode. Last year this area got hit pretty hard by a hurricane so people were just trying to be extra cautious and prepared, I guess. The hurricane obviously changed paths again and didn't end up hitting us. We got a little rain but that was it. No major wind or anything. So now we have some water in our food storage!




Everything has been pretty wet lately, and mushrooms have been growing in our yard. Gross. I took a picture of these in our front yard when we were waiting for the bus one morning. Just later that SAME day they had already started to spread out and get way bigger. In just the time Kimbri was at school. So, so gross! We have them in parts of our backyard too. I guess this is just one of those things you don't realize about a totally new kind of climate till you live here.






One morning, after dropping Garrett off to preschool. Me and Brenna went to the park and met up with some friends. We went to Clark Park. It was SO weird to just have Brenna with me for those few hours. She loved sitting on this random panda bear chair and didn't want to leave, haha. They also had a nature center at this park and she loved looking at all the different animals. They had live turtles, salamanders, lizards, fish, a mini alligator, insects and all sorts of animals that had been stuffed too. It is such a neat little place!





I found Brenna like this one day... eating peanut
butter out of the jar!!! She loves that stuff.

Brenna watching for the bus.

Brenna is about to outgrow the baby doll stroller,
but Kimbri loves pushing her around in it.



We went to the store one day while the other kids
were in school and I looked back and she had
propped the sunglasses up on her head, haha!
She is such a fun little girl and it has been great
to spend some one on one time with her.

Garrett practicing writing out the days of the week.
He has such a strong desire to learn and is
constantly asking me questions about everything.


At an activity at the preschool for lunch one day.

Sister hugs before Kimbri getting on the bus.

The sunrise while waiting for the bus. I still can't
believe how early these little kids have to get up and
get going to school!

Garrett begged me to buy blackberries at the store
and they were HUGE ones!


Garrett always runs out to greet Kimbri home
when she gets off the bus. I think a little separation
for these two have been really good for their
sibling relationship. They are so happy to see
each other every day when K gets home from school!

No comments:

Post a Comment