Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pretty Toenails

Kimbri just does the funniest things and she just makes me smile every day. The other morning we were in my bedroom, making the bed and putting clothes away etc... She went over to the little white shelves, picked up the pink nail polish and brought it over to me. She sat down and lifted her foot up to me. Ha! I just had to drop what I was doing and just sit down and have some girl time with her:) We sat there and painted her toenails. She was so still and just watched as I painted them and blowed them so they would dry faster. She's only had her toenails painted a couple of times so it totally surprised me when she brought me the polish, sat down, and lifted her feet up to me! I think that little kids are smarter than we think sometimes. So here are some pictures we took afterward.




What a cutie! But she also does things that aren't so cute too....but still hilarious! Maybe I shouldn't think it's so funny but I think it's just her innocent facial expressions she lets off that just make me have to laugh about it.

Yesterday morning we were getting ready for Kimbri's bath. I took off her pjs and took off an extremely wet diaper! I asked, "Do you want to take a bath?" and whenever I ask that she repeats "Ba!" Over and over and immediately walks to the bathroom and stands next to the tub. So when I got to the bathroom, after her, because I went to throw the diaper away, I found a nice little puddle of pee on the rug! Oh my. After just changing a incredibly FULL diaper of pee I didn't think I had to worry about her naked little body running to the bathroom. Oh well.

Well, the story does not end there! 

I was bent over swishing the bath water to get it the right temperature. Kimbri was just standing there waiting right next to me. When I looked back at her she was squatting. I picked her up to put he in the tub only to find a pile of poop on the rug!! Ha! She just looked up at me with the biggest innocent eyes with just the funniest facial expression. I called to Rick to see if he could bring me a wipe so I could wipe up her bum before putting her in the tub and to wipe up the rug. And yes, that rug is definitely going to need a washing!  

Another thing Kimbri is totally in to lately, which I sure most kids go through a similar stage, is racing to the toilet paper holder when I'm not looking and pulling and pulling all the toilet paper off! I quickly learned to always just keep the bathroom door shut. Haha:)

Kimbri is just growing up so fast. I can't believe how fast time is flying by. Before we know it she won't be our little baby anymore. Well, she'll always be my little girl but when we bring home our new little boy she is going to seem so big and grown up! She's going to be the big sister! Again, I can't believe it. I love her so much and she is such a joy in my life. I love you, Kimbri!

No comments:

Post a Comment