My sister, Olivia, has been wanting me to go "garage selling" with her for a while and I've been wanting to go to! So we finally went this past weekend on Saturday morning! Since Rick didn't have work he stayed home with Kimbri while I went down to Spanish Fork for a couple of hours. I got up early and headed out just after 7am. Kimbri was a good little girl and slept til 8am so it worked out good!
Olivia printed off a list from the Spanish Fork City website of all the garage sales that were posted and we went to nearly all of them - 2 pages worth! Plus some along the way that we just saw and decided to stop by.
We got some pretty good deals! I've been looking for Kimbri a pair of pants that are 12-18month sized. She has pants that fit her but they go with a matching onesie, so I've been wanting to get her a pair of jeans or something so she can wear her little t-shirts! So, in the silly pictures below, Kimbri is modeling her new pair of jeans that were only 50 cents! And the cute shirt came from her Grandma and Grandpa Stone that she got for her birthday. She for some reason had so much fun wearing this tupperware on her head:)
I also got this enormous stuffed bunny for Kimbri. Many of you already know that Kimbri absolutely LOVES stuffed animals. So when I saw this bunny, looking in like new condition with the tags still on it, I just had to get it for her! It was only 75 cents! And it's just as big as her and she loves it!
Olivia bought a fish tank and a dog house and I think a few other things that I can't remember. It was a pretty windy and cold fall morning but it was really fun to hand out with my little sister and go to garage sales together! Oh, and I also got a Carter's baby crib bumper for baby boy for $3. We have a pink minky one with flowers all over it that my mom got for Kimbri but it's just too girly for a boy:) So this one is a light, cream minky/plush material that will be perfect for baby boy's crib!
And here are a few more pictures from the rest of our lazy Saturday afternoon.
| For some reason, lately, Kimbri loves to sit on top of the carseat base. She'll play on it for a really long time! |
Later that afternoon Rick really wanted a treat. So we decided to make Texas Sheet Cake. And here are a couple pictures of Kimbri licking the spatula. Boy does she love doing that! But she cries so hard when it's all gone and I take it away!
Later on Saturday night Rick, Kimbri and I all loaded up and drove over to the new Convention Center on Center Street in Provo. There was a Baby Expo going on that had free admission and I really wanted to go! So Rick was a good sport and went with me:) He got free chocolate milk and candy out of the deal, along with a pink handbag. We both actually got a pink handbag to put all the coupons and things in that people were handing out.
There weren't a ton of people there but it was fun to walk around and look at all the different booths about babies and kids. Yet another event that just made me even more anxious to meet our little baby boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment