Sunday, August 11, 2013

Balloon Blobs & Mindy's Reception

Yesterday was a fun day! Busy, but way fun. Kimbri and I made "Balloon Blobs" in the morning while Rick was studying and then that afternoon we headed up to Snowflake, AZ for Mindy's wedding reception, since her husband is from there. 

We made a HUGE mess making the balloon blobs with the flour and all but it was fun and Kimbri likes playing with her 'blobs'. Haha :)

Check out all that flour on her shirt!







And as for the reception, we loved being able to go even though Rick is crazy busy studying for a test that he has on Monday morning. Since we didn't get to go up to Utah for the actual wedding we were so grateful to get to go to the AZ reception!!

We left around 12:30pm and drove about 2.5 hours to Heber, AZ and hung out with some of the extended family at their cabin for a couple of hour. We went on a little family ride on "The Rhino". It was way fun. . . since we only went like 5mph with the kids on board.

BUT, after we all got off Rick's cousin, Tanner, took Rick on a ride and good grief! I thought they were going to go flying into the air and land on their heads. 

After they were done Tanner said that Rick was going to watch the kids while he took me for a spin on The Rhino, which I quickly refused, because it looked way to horrifying!

Rick wanted me to go on it soooo bad. Probably so he could laugh his head off at how scared I was! Haha, just kidding. But he bribed me saying that if I went on it with Tanner then he would give me a 15 minute back rub for a week! Haha! 

So I said yes. I couldn't turn down that offer!!

So I went. And I was terrified. I was gripping my seatbelt for my life! But I survived. And it was very thrilling, scary, and exciting (in the scary sense). Not sure if I'd ever do it again but hey, now I get a back rub for a week :)

***************

Around 7 we arrived at the reception and it was beautiful! It was at a cute little outdoor place with the prettiest decorations and colors and everything! I'm SO happy for Mindy and TJ! They make a great couple :) It was way fun to get to see all of our Stone family that we haven't seen for a while and to visit and relax for the evening.

The reception got over at 9pm and since we were driving back to Gilbert that night, we had to get going. So we made the 3 hour drive back and got home just after midnight.

Thank goodness Kimbri didn't throw up! 

And Garrett was an angel baby on the way there and on the way home. He slept the whole way both ways. He was super happy the whole time we were there too, but I was especially grateful that he was happy in the car! Because what baby likes to be strapped in a car for that long? Probably no baby. But it turned out great and he literally woke up right after we pulled into our driveway. I fed him, and he went right back to sleep. Yay!

I wish I would've snapped some photos from this fun trip but I totally spaced it. Oh well. We were just having so much fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment