Friday, October 4, 2013

Potty Training: Day 1

Well, the potty training has officially started! We've actually had the potty out at our house for quite some time... even when we still lived in Provo because even back just a few months ago, Kimbri would bring me a diaper when she wanted to be changed. And she actually went one on the potty several times, with me prompting her of course. But I didn't want to officially start the whole potty training thing until we got back from our trip to Utah. I guess maybe I was just lazy because I figured having Kimbri still in diapers for our 3 week trip would just be a whole lot easier! 

And it was. But now the diaper time is coming to an end and we made it through our first day of potty training! We even went to the swimming pool again today. I had Kimbri go potty right before we left and then she went again right when we got home. It worked out great!

I can't believe how much progress Kimbri made in one day. Before her nap time (which was around 2pm), we went through 7 pairs of Dora panties. I know that sounds like a lot of accidents but she actually had more success' than accidents so wahoo!  By the 7th pair of underwear, it had gotten to be where she did a few dribbles and then realized that she needed to get to the potty and would run to the bathroom and go the rest in the potty. So like I said, she made quite a lot of progress.

No way am I saying it was easy. It was still really hard constantly asking if she needed to go pee pee in the potty and keeping a close eye on her even while trying to change Garrett's diaper to make sure she wasn't going to squat in the middle of the living room floor! Haha. 

But seriously, by the end of the night I felt like she had it down. She only had 1 accident from the time she woke up from her nap to the time she went to bed. And even after she went to bed she got up about 10 minutes later and came into our bedroom and said, "Mommy, pee pee." So we raced to the bathroom, took off her DRY diaper (I'm starting out using diapers/pull-ups at night) and she sat right down and did her stuff and then we put her diaper back on and she went back to bed! Success! What a champ!

I guess we'll see how day 2 goes tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment