Sunday, March 13, 2016

Rick Turns 27

Rick's birthday was on a Sunday this year so we went on a birthday date on Saturday morning. We got a babysitter, the awesome Emily Taylor, for Kimbri and Garrett and took Brenna with us since she is still nursing and refuses to take a bottle. Haha :) But it was great! I just wore her in the little carrier pack we have and she slept almost the entire hike. 

We drove over to the Superstition Springs mountain in the state park and hiked a trail called Treasure Loop- I think that's what it was called. It was so pretty! And it was a very warm day. Every year in March I can't believe how hot it already is. It's like summer is already in full swing! But it was still a fun hike, heat and all.




The yellow wild flowers in full bloom.



This is Arizona for ya. 

Sleeping baby Brenna


At the end of our hike we got her out of the
pack to change her diaper. I think she was happy
to be able to stretch out.

After the hike we went to a Mexican restaurant called "On the Boarder". It was really yummy!! And the sopapillas they gave us for Rick's birthday were so delicious!

On Sunday we had cake and I made Cajun Chicken pasta for dinner. We had Rick blow out candles and we sang to him. We are so grateful for Rick in our lives and it was fun to celebrate him on his birthday! Happy 27 years Rick! I love you!

Rick requested a Texas sheet cake for his birthday. It cooked
kind of lopsided so the frosting slid more to one side but it
still tasted good!

Kimbri, Rick, Garrett

For dinner Rick requested Cajun Chicken Pasta with carrots.



No comments:

Post a Comment