Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Disney World 2018 ~ Day 1 in Magic Kingdom

We went to Magic Kingdom for our first day at Disney World! It was definitely Magical :)

We thought we would have to take a bus to the monorail station and then take the monorail to Magic Kingdom so we left in plenty of time to get there by the time the park opened. But when we got on the bus at our hotel they said they drop you off right at the front gate of the park! So that was really nice and convenient for our whole trip. That first day though, we got there very early, ha! So we had some time to get some pictures and pick up some "1st Visit" pins for the kids on Main St before the rest of the park opened. As you'll see, Garrett refused to be in a several of the pictures. I was so sad that he wouldn't be in the family pictures in front of the castle! But I didn't want to force him to do it so we just let him be. He stood by the photographer instead, haha.




Kimbri loves posing for pictures.


Rick was able to talk Garrett into getting his picture taken.


All ready to go for our first day at Disney! This was the
perfect-sized bench for all 3 of the kiddos.



Watching the welcoming song that opens the park!

Right when the park opened we went straight to Peter Pan's Flight. It is a very popular ride so we wanted to go there first since we didn't have a Fast Pass for it. I think everyone else had the same idea as we still had to wait 25-30 minutes for it even though we walked straight there! But I can't complain because that's probably the longest we waited for any single ride our whole trip! All the other rides we either had Fast Passes for or got lucky with wait times. It was great!

After the Peter Pan ride we hit the carousel and went to Fairytale Hall to meet some princesses. Garrett was obviously not excited to meet princesses, haha, so he isn't in any of those picture either.






First we met Elena of Avalor. Kimbri has been especially into this princess lately. It's one of the Disney Princesses on a tv show. Since she doesn't have her own movie some people don't know who she is but the girls were very excited that she was one of the princesses that were there that morning!







Cinderella is a classic so of course
she was there too.




Next up was a Fast Pass to meet Ariel in her grotto. Only the girls got passes for this because we figured Garrett wouldn't care, so the boys used one of their Fast Passes for something that Garrett would like better. So while we met Ariel they went to Gaston's Tavern and ordered a giant cinnamon roll for a mid-morning snack. After the girls met Ariel we went and met up with them.




The cinnamon roll seriously took up the entire plate! So
Rick got a bunch of plates and split it up. It was so big that all
5 of us had some and there was plenty to go around!!

Kimbri in Gaston's chair

Garrett thought Gaston's chair was so cool.

After Gaston's Tavern we went and hopped in line for The Little Mermaid ride. 

Garrett and Rick on The Little Mermaid ride. I love those boys!
We got lucky and were able to score reservation at the Be Our Guest restaurant. You get to dine in the Beauty & the Beast castle. There are 3 different rooms to choose from and the kids thought it would be fun to eat in the forbidden "West Wing" from the movie. It was pretty dark in there but it was really neat and resembled the room from the movie really well. It had the torn picture of the prince on the wall and Garrett noticed that when the thunder went off, the picture switched to a picture of the Beast. There was also the rose under glass that would occasionally lose a petal. The girls thought that was really pretty. 

The food was pretty delicious too! We were able to preorder and they brought out our food on fancy glass roller trays like in the movie when they are treating Belle to her first dinner at the castle. The kids had macaroni noodles with red sauce, broccoli and fries. They also got Mickey Mouse straws there were super fun. I had a carved turkey sandwich and Rick had some sort of meat, pork maybe?, with mashed potatoes and green beans. We decided to splurge and ordered one of the "Grey Stuff" cupcakes as well as a strawberry one for us to all share.









The chandelier in the ballroom was huge and
looked just like in the movie.

This mosaic on our way out was so pretty! 

After lunch we had Fast Passes to Enchanted Tales with Belle. It was a really fun and cute interactive story with Belle. Someone they roped me into being one of the guards and the girls got picked to be some of the dishes from the movie. Garrett, again, didn't want to participate so he sat in the audience with Rick. But it was a really cute interactive story and at the end the girls got a picture with Belle and there very own signed bookmark, because of course, Belle loves books!






After meeting Belle we went over to the Casey Jr area and road the Dumbo ride. Part of waiting in line was getting to play in a play area which was nice for the kids, but a little insane for parents. First of all, Garrett decided he needed to use the restroom so Rick took him out of line to go find a potty. Then while they were gone, they called our color saying it was our turn to return to the line to ride the ride. But Kimri and Brenna had made there way so far up in the play gym thing that Brenna couldn't get back down. So there I was, in my pregnant glory, making my way up tiny crawl spaces that went back and forth all the way up to the highest possible place they could've gone to retrieve Brenna. It was insane. We eventually made it back down and were able to get back in line, right as Rick and Garrett got back. It was a little crazy!

Kimbri helping Brenna in the play place.

Rick & Brenna in line for the Dumbo ride.

Dumbo ride!

Rick took the older 2 kids to Goofy's Barnstormer
ride. Brenna was too small so we waited and
Brenna enjoyed a chocolate milk while they were gone.

On the Winnie the Pooh ride. Brenna was SO
excited for this ride as she has been obsessed with
Pooh bear lately. But she wasn't too sure about the
ride... she looked super concerned!



Rick and the older kids went on the Snow White Mine Train ride. It's a bit of a roller coaster so Brenna and I stayed off that one. They totally and completely LOVED it. Garrett especially loved the fast and crazy rides!







We also had to do the classic "It's a Small World" ride. So we headed there next. We got lucky and got an extra FP for this ride and walked right on! The ride is on boats through the water. I thought the kids would be super bored on this ride because it's long and the song is very repetitive. But Garrett was very excited! Rick and the girls sat in the row in front of Garrett and I. The ride started off great! But after several minutes I started to feel SUPER nauseous. I thought it was because I just felt a little on the warm side and I tried to forget about it. But the longer the ride went on, the more sick I felt. It came on so suddenly! I hadn't felt sick all day and was confused as to why I had started feeling that way but I felt like I was going to throw up. I didn't now what to do. I tried so hard to hold it in but just couldn't. I had to just bend over and throw up on the floor of the boat we were in. Luckily each row was completely it's own so it didn't get near anybody but me, but it was SO embarrassing! The lady in the row behind me and Garrett was so sweet and instead of looking at me in a grossed out way, she sweetly said something like, "Don't you worry at all. You are a super mama!" I immediately felt better but had the worst taste in my mouth. We told the ride attendants at the end and they said not to worry. I felt so bad! But everyone was so kind and understanding about it all. I had to race to the stroller to get some water and eat a strawberry fruit strip to get the awful taste out of my mouth. I guess I had been on too many crazy rides or something? We had gone on a lot of spinning around rides like the carousel, the dumbo ride, and even the Pooh ride was pretty bouncy and swayed around a lot. So maybe it was a combo of too many crazy rides while pregnant? I don't know. But I definitely took it a bit more easy the rest of the day and avoided any more spinning rides!

Garrett on "It's a Small World" before I got sick...

Meeting Merida from "Brave". Kimbri was
the most excited about meeting her! And of
course Garrett wanted nothing to do with her.



Rick took Garrett on the Buzz Lightyear ride.

That evening we whipped out the glow sticks
that Christy, our travel agent, sent us. Brenna
love the glow bracelets!

We had a busy and fun-filled day! We headed back to the hotel on the bus and the kids wanted their picture taken in from of this huge Storm Trooper picture in the hotel. 


On our walk back to our room at the hotel.

We were all talking about how great our day had been when we were almost to the elevator that would take us up to our room. Garrett wanted to push the elevator button and took off running. That's when Kimbri decided she wanted to push the button and she took of running. Rick and I knew that a fight over the elevator button was probably going to happen and so we started to run towards the elevator too, not realizing that Brenna was trying to slide out of the stroller so she got knocked down. Poor girl! As bad luck would have it, she hit her chin right on the edge of the cement! Literally, an inch sooner she would have hit on the soft squishy stuff, like they have at some parks, and probably wouldn't have cracked her chin open. But unfortunately she hit her chin right on the cement and started bawling. It was a sad situation all around. Rick went to the front desk and got some first aid stuff. I guess one lucky part was that it wasn't deep enough to need stitches. So Rick doctored it up and she went right to sleep. What a way to end a day!!



The kids went out fast when they got settled and still in bed. It was a great first day and it was so fun to be on our own little family vacation! We felt so blessed to be able to take this family trip together- that Rick was able to take some time off after a very hard month of residency, and that we could just BE together and have a great time. 

Also, I wanted to mention that originally Kimbri was going to miss 4 days of school and Garrett would miss 3 days of preschool. Martin Luther King day was Monday (our travel day) but the rest of the week we decided to pull them out of school. Well, apparently it decided to snow while we were gone and they had snow days that canceled school all but one day that we were gone! So they both only ended up missing the 1 day so that was super lucky!!! 







No comments:

Post a Comment