Monday, May 28, 2012

Kimbri Update ~ 10 Months Old

Wow. I know this is a phrase that everybody probably says but I can't believe how fast she's growing up! I honestly cannot believe that she's 10 months old! She hit the 10 month mark on May 25. Has it really been that long? Kimbri is just the joy of my life! I'm glad that I get to be her mommy! 

So far she has 3 teeth and another one is trying to poke through on the bottom. I've been meaning to write about that for a while. She got her first two teeth right after we got back from Nebraska around the first part of May. So she was about 9.5 months old. I guess it took her a while to start getting teeth:)

We take her to her next checkup in about one week so we'll know the more specific details of her growth and development but until then, she weighs about 21 lbs. And she seems to be getting so tall/long. Sometimes when other people are holding her and I can see her all stretched out, I just can't believe that she was once small enough to be inside me. And now she's getting so grown up! Ah!

Kimbri is also getting SO good at getting around. She's been crawling for quite some time now and is pulling up on anything she can get her hands on. She goes from the couch to the tv stand to the table to the chairs and can even over to the piano. She has learned that she's tall enough to reach her little hands up and play the piano keys. She will stand there forever just reaching her little heart out to try and push down on the piano keys. It's so cute. 

She also has learned where I keep the bread and fruit :) I keep it on a little shelf/stand thing next to the fridge and yep, she's definitely tall enough to crawl over to it and get whatever is on top of it! The other day I was doing dishes and she was crawling around the kitchen, standing up using my legs, etc... but what seemed like seconds later she had crawled over to that little shelf and had the bread bag down and open and eating it as fast as she could! Haha!! And naturally I had to snap a picture of her going to town on the bread :)


If you couldn't tell from the above picture, she is really loving 'big people food' nowadays! Even if I have just fed her, she will grunt and flail her arms and legs until she gets whatever is on mommy's plate:) What can I say? She loves to eat! She's trying new things almost every day. Her uncle Nolan is especially bad when it comes to giving Kimbri new food. He's always trying to give her soda, brownies, treats and anything else that would probably make her like him more. Ha! 

These next few photos are just some random ones that I took the other day. I put her little black stretch pants on her head and she apparently thought it was hilarious, and I did too ;) Don't you just love those little chubby legs?! 




And this is a picture Rick snapped the other day. She was trying so hard to arch her back up to see what was going on. I love my little love bug! She's a cutie!


Kimri also loves going to the park! We go pretty often cause there is a little park just a few blocks from our house. She loves to swing in the baby swings and crawl around on the grass. She just loves to be outside! And we're looking forward to this summer when we can go swimming all the time! Cause she loves the water too!

I love you Kimbri!!

No comments:

Post a Comment