Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Phoenix Zoo

I think I mentioned in a previous post that we went to the Phoenix Zoo over Thanksgiving break. It was SO awesome! Rick took a final the day before Thanksgiving so he had absolutely NO studying that he had to do over the break. So we went to the Zoo together as a family! 

We decided to get a one year membership since it would have cost us $40 to go just for one day and the year membership was only $80. So we go 2 times and we've paid for it! Plus they let us put my name on the pass with "Guest" for the other adult. Since Rick won't always be able to come with us since he is so busy, this will allow for another adult to get in free when they come with us! For example, the kids and I went to the zoo once before with my friend, Erin, and her two girls. I got in on her "guest" pass as the second adult and kids under 3 are free! So it is pretty much way awesome to be able to do it that way. 

Anyway, moving on... if you have a pass you get access to the Zoo an hour early. So we got up and headed off to the zoo first thing in the morning and there was hardly anybody there! 

We saw the giraffes, lions, elephants, flamingos, etc. etc. etc... and Kimbri loved it!!! We all loved it. I especially loved it since we just got to hang out as a family at the zoo, going from animal to animal doing whatever we wanted, as a family. Yay! Here are some of the pictures I took:



The rhino. Kimbri did not want to be picked up
and was trying so hard to get down in this picture.

Rick especially loved the flamingos

This little guy was randomly on the path we were on. I tried to hard to see
if he had another leg tucked up somewhere and could not see one. I have
no idea what this is and thought is was interesting so I took a picture.

The elephants!


Garrett chillin' in the stroller eating crackers. I specifically
dressed him in his tiger outfit for the zoo :)



No comments:

Post a Comment