Well, I haven't been much of a blogger this month. I've only done a few posts. It's just been a little crazy lately, I guess. Also, sadly enough, this is going to be a no picture post. I have not been so good at taking pictures lately. Oh well.
Towards the end of last week Kimbri came down with a nasty cough and it just kept getting worse so finally early Sunday morning we called the on-call pediatrician and they suggested to give her some Infant Tylenol and to call back later in the morning to schedule an appointment. So we scheduled Kimbri to be seen at about 11am. The doctor diagnosed her with the croup. Ugh. My poor girl. Her coughing sounded so awful but I was very grateful that they were able to figure out what it was and get her on some medicine.
Funny side note: the doctor asked if we wanted to just inject the medicine in her via a shot or if she would be okay with an oral medication. Well, first of all, Kimbri loves to put pretty much anything in her mouth!! Even dirt, which she did just the other day. Second of all, early that Sunday morning when we gave her Infant Tylenol she slurped it right up! She loved it! So when the doctor asked whether to do a shot or an oral I thought, "Oh, an oral would be just fine!". Yeah, little did I know that this medicine Kimbri would not like. That she in fact would hate it. And sadly, we had to force her to eat it. And she did not like that... :(
But we only had to give it to her a few times and it started to clear up and she could breath so much easier. She still has a little bit of a cough but she's doing tons better!
Unfortunately, as soon as she started feeling better I started feeling sick too. I thought it would just be a minor sour throat and cough that maybe I had picked up from Kimbri's croup. Well, it didn't seem to be getting better and yesterday I woke up feeling really crummy...crummy enough that I wanted to go to the doctor, which means I really was feeling crummy. Anyway, Rick called and got me an appointment. We went in and the nurse said, "Let's test you for Strep Throat". What?! I didn't even think of that. And I am sooooo bad at getting my throat swabbed. I have the worst gag reflex ever. So after three attempts, yes, three, they got it and shortly came back to say I was positive for strep. Ugh.
So they gave me some medicine and I'm feeling better than I did but I'm still trying to get feeling better. I'm just very grateful for Rick. He has been getting up with Kimbri in the mornings, feeding her breakfast and entertaining her so that I can get some extra rest. Like today, for instance, I slept in until 9:45. Yes. I know. That is really late. But it felt sooooo good to just keep sleeping. Rick said that Kimbri was even playing the piano at one point but I did not hear a thing. I was so so tired and way out of it. So thanks a ton, Rick, for being so supportive!! I love you :)
Also, my family has been out of town on a vacation to Yellowstone and Nebraska so we've been going down to Spanish Fork everyday to feed the animals and water my dad's garden. We are trying hard to keep the plants and animals alive! Haha. But it's been really fun. Kimbri loves playing with all the many different toys in my parents playroom! She could be entertained for hours in there. Plus, it's been really hot at our house so we've been hanging out in SF a ton.
While Kimbri and I have been sick lately, Rick has still been working hard on the Texas secondary applications for medical school and getting trained down at the Payson hospital to be a scribe for a doctor in the ER. He also is still working at the MTC and is now a Zone Coordinator. He is working so hard for our family and I really appreciate all that he is doing!
Other than that we are having a great summer so far and are really looking forward to our camping trip in July!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment