As I'm sure many parents have experienced a child breaking a dish or something else breakable and probably not so fixable, I can now say that because of Kimbri I, too, have experienced it :)
Often times Rick and I will sit on the floor with Kimbri when we eat breakfast. Well, this day in particular we decided to give Kimbri her own bowl and spoon to try and distract her from ours. Otherwise she tries to crawl up in our laps and eat our cereal the whole time.
We only thought this would be a great distraction...
...and this is what became of this so called distraction. Ha!
So here's how it happened. It's kind of one of those stories that it's just better to have been there. But I'll try my best to help you imagine how this all went down. So when we gave Kimbri the bowl and spoon, like times before, she went right for the spoon and started lightly tapping on the bowl. Loving that she was making noise and she thought she was such a big girl for doing so. Just imagine an almost 1 year old little girl sitting there proudly TAPPING her bowl with a sly LITTLE grin on her face. Hehe :)
Well, now you should imagine an almost 1 year old little girl sitting their proudly BANGING her bowl with a bold HUMONGOUS grin on her face!! Right after she started the banging part I said allowed, "Woah, Kimbri. You better watch out or you're going to break that."
I guess I jinxed her because one more bang
after that statement and this is what happened:
Rick and I just busted up laughing in unbelief that, that had just happened. Even more funny that it had happened right after me saying such a thing. I guess you just had to be there. But we sure thought it was funny!
And so for the rest of the day Kimbri innocently played and sucked on the spoon she used to break the bowl. From now on, she will only get to play with a spoon and not a bowl. Haha :)
No comments:
Post a Comment