Friday, May 1, 2015

Pool Day Gone Wrong

With the weather warming up we have been going to the pool pretty often. We have a system. Eat lunch, put Garrett down for a nap and Kimbri has "quiet time" and when Garrett wakes up, we go to the pool. It's a good system. But one day it failed. Garrett had just woken up so we gathered our swimming stuff, packed floaties, swim diapers, sunscreen, water toys, etc... You name it. We even packed soap/shampoo stuff so I could just give the kids a shower in the family bathroom so we wouldn't have to do baths when we got home. 

Anyway, needless to say, we were prepared that day and everyone was excited and we headed to the YMCA to go swimming. The instant we walked in to the YMCA the front desk workers, seeing that we had towels and a bunch of swimming stuff, told us that the pool was closed. What?! But this was routine. We come after nap all. the. time! I guess they must've changed their hours without me knowing but the kiddos were devastated. I had talked up going to the pool with them probably a little too much....

It was HARD getting them to turn around and walk back out to the car. They just didn't understand why. And I didn't either. I mean, come on. Closing the pool on a Friday afternoon when all the kids are out of school and want to start out the weekend at the pool?! Ugh... So I told them that since the pool was closed I'd take them to get an ice cream cone. 

Worked like a charm. 
They loved it! 
And they were happy again. 
And so was I :)



No comments:

Post a Comment