Thursday, July 11, 2013

Car Sickness

Tonight we were out running some errands as a family. After the first couple stops getting out and going in as a family we decided that I would just run into Office Max to get a cord for our printer and then into the grocery store to get some peanut butter (Kimbri loves PB&J sandwiches and we were out of PB). We figured since the kids were getting hungry it would just make things faster if only I ran in. Meanwhile, Rick just drove around the parking lot so that the kids wouldn't get too hot being in a car in this Arizona heat. 

Anyway, in the past Kimbri has not done well with long drives, or drives up the canyon, or any extra long periods of being in the car for that matter. It didn't even cross my mind that she might have a potential car sickness issue just out running errands....oh but she did! She never has thrown up in the past when we are just out running errands but tonight, we were probably only a mile or so away from our house and poor little Kimbri threw up! And I think she threw up every single thing she ate the entire day, even down to the spaghetti with zucchini and squash that we had for lunch. Sorry, maybe that's a little TMI. 

I feel so bad for her when she throws up. Throwing up is the worst. I absolutely hate throwing up. 

We quickly made it home and took off her drenched clothes and let her take a bath and she was as happy as could be after that. Then she happily ate her peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwich with a handful of grapes. 

Here are some random car pictures of Kimbri that I don't think I've ever posted on the blog. The first one was from when we visited Arizona when we were looking for housing and the second one was from just the other day when we were out and about, maybe after going to the library? I don't remember. But she was super tired and almost about to fall asleep! 




Well, I hope Kimbri doesn't get too carsick on our trip to Utah in a couple of weeks! The last couple of road trips we've given her Dramamine and it has helped a ton. So we'll just be keeping that stuff real handy when we go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment