Monday, July 8, 2013

Tuxedo Brownies

These things are sooooo yummy. I've never been a huge chocolate fan but I love Tuxedo Brownies. Maybe because it's not a totally chocolatey chocolate treat, but it has other stuff in it too. Plus putting raspberries on top makes them even better! I love raspberries. 

Anyway, the first time that I ever remember having these is when my aunt Margaret made them for a family get together. Which having made them myself now I can appreciate how much time and work she must've put in to making those for a big family function! 

So I've only made them twice now. The first time I made them, they were for a get together with Rick's neuroscience lab and we wanted to try a fun new treat. I most definitely gave Margaret a call and she gave me great instructions on how to make them. Thanks Margaret!! Sine making them that one time, I've wanted to try making them again. Yesterday we were invited over to Cam and Mona's house (Rick's Uncle and Aunt) and it was a sort of potluck thing. I said I could bring a dessert. So on Saturday night Rick and I decided it would be fun to take those so we went to the store and picked up some ingredients. 

The next morning, since we don't have church until 2pm, Kimbri and I made some of these bad boys! Kimbri mostly helped with dumping ingredients in the bowl and of course with the tasting. You can't go wrong with giving an almost two-year-old some chocolaty beaters to lick and then a spatula full of the cream cheese, cool whip, white chocolate chip mixture!She loved it!






After much time in the kitchen, we made ourselves some delicious Tuxedo Brownies! And I quote Rick, "I love Tuxedo Brownies." Haha. He's been talking about them all day today. Luckily we had a few left over from last night that we indulged ourselves with today. Yum!

Kimbri loves being my little kitchen helper! 



And then we got all ready for church! Thanks to uncle Zach for the cute little dress he got for Kimbri!



No comments:

Post a Comment