Monday, July 8, 2013

July 4, 2013

The 4th of July was HOT! I guess it wasn't much hotter than any other day down here in Arizona but we decided to go to a get together with some of the other A.T. Still University students.... at 12pm. And yes, it was outside. We took a salad and a red, white and blue strawberry treat (strawberries sliced in half with some cream and a blueberry on top). Other people brought things like watermelon, pineapple, and some people were grilling chicken. Oh how I would hate to stand over a grill in the middle of the day, outside, in Arizona.

Anyway, we quickly found our way to some chairs under the water misters. Even with water misting over me, I was still burning up. Seriously though, it was SO hot. After a while, I walked over to the pool with Kimbri and we stuck our feet in. I stepped out of the pool and even though my feet were wet the ground about burned my feet off. Ok, so that's a little bit of an exaggeration but that's how I felt. Even wearing flip flops down here, I feel like the instant your feet touch the asphalt, they feel like they start to melt. 

So after about an hour of visiting and meeting some other people that Rick will be going to school with we decided to head out. We didn't want to risk being out in the heat too long with Kimbri and Garrett. Plus it was both their nap times.  It was fun but I was soooo grateful to be back indoors where there was A/C. 

Later that evening we went to the store to get a couple ingredients we needed to make homemade ice cream and we decided to pick up a few sparklers to do with Kimbri.  It was our first time ever making ice cream with our ice cream maker. It was fun! But I think next time we'll have to freeze more ice. Again, it is just so hot here in Arizona that it melted our ice faster than we realized, so it didn't quite freeze all the way so we just stuck it in the freezer to get it a little harder :)

And afterwards we went outside on our back patio and did sparklers with Kimbri. By this point Garrett had fallen asleep so he was already in bed. 

It was an enjoyable night together with our little family! 

Rick chopping up the ice.

Kimbri is excited for the ice cream!

Doing Sparklers!

Kimbri was a little nervous at first.




I took a pic on the "firework" setting. Everything else was blurry.




No comments:

Post a Comment