Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Daddy's Shoes

Kimbri loves wearing daddy's shoes! 



And she loves daddy too! It has been so fun just having time together as a family before Rick starts medical school. He graduated the end of April, we moved to Spanish Fork, we went to look for housing in Arizona, then we moved to Arizona and even though it's still been busy, we've had soooo much time to spend together as a family compared to the rest of our married life! 

Especially right now in Arizona. Since Rick won't be working during school he doesn't have to worry about a job right now. So every day we get to wake up as a family, go run errands as a family, eat breakfast, lunch and dinner as a family, play as a family, etc... It is so fun! We really are so grateful for this time. 

During all this time, Kimbri has gotten especially attached to her daddy!  Rick is so kind to always change her diaper, and then he takes Kimbri with him outside to throw it away. And he takes her outside with him to get the mail. And he takes her on trips to the grocery store. And he even gets up when Kimbri wakes up so I can sleep a little bit longer, since I get up to feed Garrett during the night. He's so nice :) So he spends time early in the mornings with Kimbri too. So, as you can see, Kimbri has become quite the "daddy's little girl". 

She just loves daddy so much. And I love him so much too. And I love Kimbri so much. And Garrett so much! And I am just so grateful for my family!!! 

.....

A couple of other funny things that Kimbri has said lately are when she talks about bugs or when she talks to Garrett.

When she sees a fuzzy on the ground, or really any speck of anything on the ground, she always thinks it's a bug. She says "Bug. Bug. Oooooo. Bug." I then look to make sure it's not really a bug and say, "Kimbri, that's not a bug, it's a fuzzy." She then turns and points to the fuzzy and says, "Buzzy, Buzzy, Buzzy" in a really cute, high-pitched voice. And it is so funny to me!


She also is such a good big sister. Whenever Garrett wakes up from his nap, or is laying on the floor playing toys, or is in my arms being held, so often Kimbri will come up to Garrett and give him a kiss on the head and say "Hi. Hiiiii. Hi. Hi Derrett" (she can't say her 'G' sound so it comes out like a 'D'). She get's so excited to see him and I love that she loves him so much. Yeah, she's a normal kid and sometimes does get jealous when he's on my lap or when he has a toy she wants but I'd say for the most part, she totally loves her little brother!



No comments:

Post a Comment